Thursday, August 20, 2009
Kumpulan yang dianggap berisiko tinggi terhadap H1N1
Most people who get influenza will recover in a few days to less than 2 weeks, but some people will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia) as a result of the flu. For example, people with asthma may experience asthma attacks while they have the flu, and people with chronic congestive heart failure may have worsening of this condition that is triggered by the flu. So, it is important for us to identify anyone around belongs to the high risk group and should be taken extra care.
Individuals at risk for Severe Illness/Complications are as follows:
1. Children younger than 5 years old
2. Persons aged 65 years and older
3. Children and adolescent (less than 19 years old) on long term asprin therapy
4. Pregnant women
5. Adults and children with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, organ failure, cardiovascular diseases, hepatic, hematologic, neurologic, neuromuscular, or metabolic disorders such as diabetes mellitus
6. Adults and children who are immunosuppressed (e.g., taking immunosuppressive medications, infected with HIV).
7. Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities
8. Individuals who are obese
MOH advice people who belong to High Risk Group shall seek IMMEDIATE MEDICAL CARE, should they develop any influenza-like symptoms. Extra care should also taken to protect themself against infection.
Dapatkan informasi mengenai H1N1 melalui laman: www.h1n1.net.my